Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I sit on my bed surrounded by half packed suitcases, travel size toiletries, and vacuum sealed bags of clothes wondering what else I need to pack, (crossing my fingers that it will all fit!) and stressing about who else I need to see.  Tomorrow I board a plane directly to Frankfurt, Germany and then continue on to Florence, Italy, where I will be living and studying for the next three months!  I hope to share this experience with you through this blog; I will try to upload pictures and posts as much as possible.

It's been a long time that I've been waiting for this moment, and now that it's here I'm extremely excited; however, I'm being hit with the reality that I won't be seeing so many of my friends and family for what seems like forever.  I will miss each and every one of you dearly, and I would really appreciate your prayers while I am on this trip.  I can already tell it is going to be very challenging, but I have complete faith that God has put me in this place for a reason.  I am ready and excited to see the ways He is going to move in my life and in the lives of those around me in the coming months.

I'm struggling not to think too much about my expectations for my day to day life; what my apartment looks like, who my roommates are, even what walk I will take to school every day.  I know that it will be nothing like what I imagine in my romantically idealistic mind, and I'm hoping it will be even better!  Fortunately, I don't have much longer to wait, and neither do you!

Until then,
Ciao!

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again." John Denver

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your safety, growth, and your experience; that it may be one of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete